jueves, 19 de agosto de 2010

Hello

Finally, I was able to rig this up. It might take a while, possibly even months, maybe years at worst, but I was able to rig up the generator. Befriending the techies was well worth it.

My name is Diego, and I'm writing this from what it used to be the Mayor's home in Hermosillo, a city of what it used to be the country I knew as a kid as Mexico. The year? Twenty, possibly even thirty years after the Fires. The moment the sun decided to give Earth a gigantic solar storm, even more powerful than most scientists predicted.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but it seems that pretty much the North American countries (Mexico, Canada, and the US) have been hit hard. Days after the Fires, I remember the riots started. The pillaging, the raping, the raiding, my parents died when a car crashed in our house. We just moved, since the previous owner died of age. I hid in the backyard along with my dogs, two beagles. I noticed that there was something below the yard, a secret room, a panic room of sorts. I got in, and the looters took what they wanted and left.

From what I remember, pretty much every electronic device was fried, except those that were well-protected. This means most government equipment, and private equipment as well (private as in corporate and very rich people). There was little noise from outside, and the place was well-stocked: Canned goods that weren't expired, bottled water, a flashlight and plenty of batteries, even a gun: A small beretta, with plenty of ammo.

I didn't realized it then, but I realize it now: We're never going back to the way things were.

For now, this is it. This computer is glitching again, might need to use a little elbow grease to fix it again.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario